- 1 teaspoon of saffron in pistils
- 320 g of Carnaroli rice
- 50 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 80 g of Grana Padano DOP
- 40 g of white wine
- Water as needed
- 1 l of vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Mix the saffron with water and leave to infuse overnight. In a large pan pour the EVO oil and finely chopped onion, letting it simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the rice and toast it for 3-4 minutes, blend with the white wine and let it evaporate completely. From this moment cook the rice for about 18-20 minutes, adding some broth at a time, so that the rice is always covered.
- Five minutes before the end, pour the saffron into the risotto, mix well and remove from heat. Add salt and cream with butter and grated cheese. Stir carefully, cover with the lid and leave to rest for about two minutes.
- Serve hot.